November 14, 2012 version
TOWN BOARD AGENDA
MEETING OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF HARRISON,
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING,
1 HEINEMAN PLACE, HARRISON, NY.,
IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY,
ON, WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2012 AT 7:30 PM,
EASTERN STANDARD TIME
PRESENTATION BY TOWN CLERK JACKIE GREERRE: THE NEW TOWN WEBSITE
PRESENTATION BY ROSS HALPERIN
RE: THE HARRISON LIBRARY
A. REPORT FROM SUPERVISOR BELMONT ON DECISIONS MADE FOLLOWING TOWN BOARD MEETING HELD ON, NOVEMBER 4, 2012.
B. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS:
1a. Monthly report by the Town Clerk for October 2012.
1b. Monthly report by the Acting Fire Marshal for October 2012.
1c. Quarterly report by the Library Director for July, August and September 2012
1d. Monthly report by the Receiver of Taxes for October 2012.
1e. Monthly report by the Chief of Police for September 2012.
1f. Monthly report by the Building Inspector for October 2012.
1g. Monthly report by the Superintendent of Recreation for October 2012.
2. Letter from the Harrison Festival Japanese Committee: RE: Contributions to the following organizations for a total of $6,050 from funds that were raised for the Harrison Festival on Columbus Day celebration as well as from Japanese families and Japanese businesses:
Harrison Public Library $1,650
+Renovation for Library $500
Harrison Recreation Center $1,100
Harrison Central School District $1,300
Harrison Police Association $500
Harrison Fire Department $500
Harrison EMS $200
Newcomer Club $300
C. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. PUBLIC HEARING – The Town of Harrison Master Plan.
E. ACTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
1. Request by Comptroller Maureen MacKenzie for approval for a Budget Transfer for Fire District No. 2.
2. Request by Comptroller Maureen MacKenzie for approval for the purchase of Radios for the Harrison Emergency Services.
3. Request by Deputy Town Attorney Fred Castiglia for approval for the Stormwater Control Facility Easement and Maintenance Agreement between Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied Diseases and the Town/Village of Harrison.
4. Request by Supervisor Ron Belmont for approval to set the date of Monday, December 3, 2012, for a Public Hearing RE: the 2013 Preliminary Budget.
5. Request by Village Attorney Jonathan Kraut for authorization to accept the dedication of Brookview Lane, subject to addressing all issues raised by the Building Department, Commissioner of Public Works and the Town Engineer. The Town Engineer has inspected the roadway, found it acceptable for dedication and has set an amount of $200,000 for a two-year (2) Maintenance Bond. Further requested that the Town Board be authorized to sign the Consent and the Supervisor and Commissioner of Public Works to sign any necessary documents to effectuate the closing.
F. OLD BUSINESS:
G. MATTERS FOR EXECUTIVE SESSION: